Wednesday, February 10

Projects...

I am a projects kind of girl. I love them. I am always looking for more. There is continually a very full ongoing list of 'to do' items in my possession that grows and grows...into often an overwhelming mountain of tasks...but, more often, is a somewhat orderly relieving account of everything necessary down on paper - in black and white. I prefer my project lists to be hand written...since the biggest pleasure of all, of course, is crossing an item off in permanent black marker in celebration of it's completion. Isn't that an incredible kind of rewarding?? But, as of late, technology has crept in and I find myself using the 'Notes' section of my iPhone for said list. Instead of sharpie closure, I just delete the line. Not quite as satisfying, but easy.

Let me start off by saying, I don't pat myself on the back much. In fact my counselor told me I lack a significant amount of self appreciation and self encouragement (I digress here a bit). Basically what I mean is, I don't often make comments about being pretty good at this or that. So this is a little uncomfortable for me to share. But, just yesterday, I was working on 2 PROJECTS - using all types of tools out of my quite generous collection of hardware related goodies - to fix the toilet lid and the bathroom cabinet (see picture). After finishing up, I thought... I'm DAMN handy, and I like that about myself! I even kind of laughed out loud a little.


So, this post may bore you to tears, especially since I haven't written in over a year and this is my first go of it again. You might be thinking, "REALLY, April? Couldn't you have come up with a better topic than this?" But, truthfully - projects is what I spend a lot of my time doing, whether it's sprucing up an old treasure I found at a fleamarket, replacing the handles on all of my kitchen cabinets (which is next) or working on a painting (see picture) - these things bring me JOY! I learn through these experiences - the new materials, the trial and error. And I know that's the stuff you do want to know about me.


Now, this is totally random, but if you haven't checked out these websites, they are worth a look:

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/
http://manbabies.com/popular
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

P.S. I am recently completely obsessed with creating and perfecting my Pandora radio stations. Anyone with me? Hallelujah!

P.P.S. There is FULL-ON Blizzard raging outside!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

oh this day is just getting better and better.. first Annie says she is prego.. and then I find that my good friend APRIL has POSTED a BLOG! YAY!! I am so thrilled and so excited that you are back.. i hope I get to see more.. cause I'm missed you like crazy!

So.. projects.. I must say, you are wonderful at lots of things! I love that painting.. it's beauiful! And the cabinet.. I'm super impressed.. I don't know if I could have done that. I love the knobs too.. those are precious! Very very cute!

Oh yay! April is back! Love you and miss you! Don't get lost in all that SNOW!! = )

Jeremiah said...

Welcome back April! I am glad you came back and if you want to post about how handy you are I will willingly read! I love that you are handy! That is awesome!
Go finish that painting!
I love perfecting pandora stations!

Jeremiah said...

So that was Becky not Jeremiah:)

Unknown said...

you are a girl after my own heart, i love projects as well, anything and everything.
great job on the cabinet, looks good.
and pandora, perfect station, a constant obsession as well.