Monday, January 5

Drum Roll Please...

I would like to introduce you to Kate! She has been one of my very closest friends since freshman year at JMU. We met while pledging for the same sorority, but our relationship has strengthened, deepened, and become even more cherished through time and walking alongside one another for so many years! We have shared ups and downs with relatives' health issues, relationship/romance woes, office time working for the same organization, Bible studies and special occasions. She is truly one of the very most important people in my life. Kate was living here in the area after we graduated from college....and so we have had some overlapping time in the area that is the cluster-chaotic mess of Northern Virginia.

It has been a true joy and blessing to watch her and Rob (who also went to school with us) bring two adorable, smart, funny and endearing children into the world. These little kiddos really ARE a nephew and niece to me....quite fitting for my name: "Auntie April"! :) Well, as Callie grew it was first "Auntie Apples" and then Charlie called me "Auntie Apoo"! To be completely honest - I was thrilled at all of these silly titles!

I have spent so many hours hugging these little people, holding them, reading to them, eating with them, playing games, and getting to know their unique and delightful personalities. These two are addicting! As soon as I was done babysitting, or leaving their house for the night after a fun visit with the family----I wanted to do it all over again. There is nothing quite like the love of a child. Is there? Here are some photos of us after creating some sweet looking gingerbread houses for Christmas:



So, this is my little note out there into the blog world about loving them. I could say so much more. But, right now, I am just really missing them. Right after Christmas this year, they moved to NH and are planning to settle there for awhile. It is so tough to know that they are not across town and that visits will be so much more infrequent now because of the distance. But, there is so much good about their move. The relocation provides a wonderful school for the kids and a new job for Rob. So, I am trying not to focus on the loss - but, instead view it as another reason to take trips up north!

Kate knows I have this blog and use it mainly to keep up and communicate with you girls from BMT on here. She knows some other bloggers and has now started her own just recently, too! We are expanding the virtual circle here, ladies! Technology is crazy!

Check out Kate's blog to see pictures of her family! Take time to read her thoughts and find out some stuff about her, because it's all treasure!

6 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Thanks for sharing Kate with us! She is lucky to have you, Sounds like she has such wonderful children! I'm so sorry you guys have some distance between you but you know what they say absence makes the heart grow fonder and a blog just keeps everyone in touch so much better!

Becky Swann said...

Thanks for sharing Kate with us! She is lucky to have you, Sounds like she has such wonderful children! I'm so sorry you guys have some distance between you but you know what they say absence makes the heart grow fonder and a blog just keeps everyone in touch so much better!

Kate said...

Ahh, April you know how to make me cry! Thanks for the shout out! And we miss you too! Will call this week. Sent your scarf today so hopefully by the end of the week you should get it. You are the BEST! Hugs, k

Courtney said...

Yeah! I love new blogs and new blog friends! I'm so glad you let us know about her.. so know I can stalk her too! (I hope she doesn't mind). I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the love of a child.. and having kids (that aren't really your neices and nephews) call you Auntie whatever. It is so sweet. Abbie Kate called me Aunt Coutie.. which Kyle quickly tried to change to Cutie.. which was sweet of her.. but like you said, it just didn't matter cause it was just so sweet!

I'm sorry they are moving and you are losing a friend who is near by.. that is always a bummer.. but you are so selfless by looking to the benefits for them!
You are just so amazing!!

Niki said...

What cute kids! I will definitely check out their blog. I know you are missing them but what a good perspective you have on their move. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad to know what's going on with you.

Courtney said...

Girlie, we need an update on you!!! Miss you bunches!