Tuesday, March 11

Perks...

So, I have had a little more than a full week now at the wine shop and there are perks, people.



Distributors are always coming by the store, wanting the staff to sample the wines in the hopes that we will decide to sell them there. This 'testing' could be of 4 or 5 different types at a time. So, once they have been opened and each person involved in the meeting has a small taste, the cork is put back on and the bottle is left to do with as we please. Two nights I have been sent home with a free, vitually full bottle of lovely wine! And pricer stuff than I would ever buy! You know, I don't have real picky taste...and something under $10 is my typical price range. So, getting to try these fancier kinds is such a treat!





In addition to that, I have been sent home twice with boxes of chocolate truffles! Again, I am the kind of gal who is 100% content, in fact - thrilled, with a Snickers bar or Reeses cup. But, man, these are in a whole other category. Even for someone who is more a "salty" than having a weakness for sweets, I am really enjoying these little desserts! :) Check out this box full. This particular company is a small local shop - where they combine fine chocolate and fine art. The artist sprays on colored cocoa powder to create detailed designs on the tops of each yummy piece. Cool, huh? This photo doesn't even do justice to the true bright colors.

6 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

what wonderful perks.
My jobs perk is spit up :)

Becky Swann said...

Oh those truffles look amazing! I could down that bottle of wine right now too!
I sound really pregnant in this comment don't I?
I'm glad you have those perks!

Anonymous said...

Oh the perks! I miss those perks! Drinking while on the job is fun.. even if it is just a little taste.. and then getting to take stuff home is nice too!

I agree with Becky on the truffles.. they do look yummy!

I'm glad work is going well and you are enjoying it!

jenrodhaynes said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on the job! (I know I'm a couple posts late...but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited for you!) Hey even though, it might not be your ultimate dream job, I'm glad it sounds like you like it and I good grief those are some yummy looking reasons to go to work! Can I drink some wine and eat some truffles with you some time?

congrats again and I hope this job gives you the extra time to continue dreaming about and then pursuing your passions. Glad you have some cash flowing in...I know that's a relief too. :-)

Rebecca said...

Thanks! I actually first found this web-site http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/01/my-google-blog.html
and it tells you how to go about posting a new template and then googled "blogger templates!" good luck with the search!

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

BTW, I love the fact that I see you changing your templates, and colors etc...I'm always tweaking too and doing nothing productive with my blog so I love seeing your little changes...Come visit us in Hawaii sometime! (ok I'm not demanding you to come just letting you know that anytime the gypsy in you wants a new adventure come see me in hula land :-)