Tuesday, February 26

Variousness...



Do you think my cousin Jru looks like Heath Ledger? Be honest. Is it all in my head? Please reply with your vote! :)

Today was my first day at the wine shop - The Curious Grape!!! I did a lot of stuff on their office computer, adding customers to their email list....but, most days won't be like that. I also got a little 'tour' of the place, and was shown how the store is laid out. Everyone was very nice, and I think it will be a great place to work. I am including their logo and one pic of the store.












I hate worrying about bills, and I guess I am a bit resentful that all the artsy, cool, FUN stuff that I WANT to do...pays crap. Seems so unfair! It's like the only way I can take care of myself financially will be to suck it up and do a desk job. And I just keep pushing that idea out of my head....hoping it isn't so!

I got a flat tire today....happened to notice it when I parked next to my building after work. Turns out there were not one, but TWO big nails that had punctured my back tire and it could not be patched. The nice folks down the street at the Shell station put my spare on for me (although I have been taught this by my dad) and are gonna call around to find a cheap replacement tire for me! Thank God that this didn't happen on the highway or that I rode on it without realizing, since I could have damaged the rims and I am happy it did not cause a blow out or accident. I am trying to focus on those positive aspects, and not what it will cost me to buy a new tire!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this that cute wine shop near that really fun arts museums/drama place we went that one time.. in that really cute area?!? It looks like it.. were we had a wine tasting before the show.. and go coffee at that place across the street before that neat drama skit thing we saw?

I'm so excited for you and the new job! Sounds like fun!

Also.. I'm so glad the Shell station was there to help you! Even though we ladies know how to change a tire.. it's nice when someone else does it for us!

Anonymous said...

Oh and.. definitely does look like Heath!

Becky Swann said...

Courtney I like your descriptions...drama place, cute area, and neat drama skit thing. They work!
i think he has heath's eyes and mouth.
hope this job is fun for you at least, hey you might meet someone there that leads to other opportunities!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

what a fun place to work. i am looking forward to hearing more and more about it. i am leaning more towards him not looking like Heath.

Becky Swann said...

April you totally don't need to get anything but since you inquired, we are registered at The Land of Nod and Babys R Us you are a sweetie!!!