Monday, February 18

Just Another Manic Monday....

The rain is beating down outside and I purposefully OPENED my windows so I could hear it better... and maybe even get a windy mist flowing into the apartment.

I just got home from lunch with mom. Met her for a burger at Fuddruckers. Ever been there? You choose what size burger you want, they cook it up and then it's up to you to pile on whatever condiments and toppings you want! Loves it.

After lunch, I went by Staples, then Salvation Army and then Goodwill to look for a filing cabinet. Just a metal 2 drawer one, to store all my files in. I have tried hard to keep bills and receipts and paperwork organized, but now, I want to consolidate and create a little more shelf space in my hall closet. The closets here are TINY. A new filing cabinet at Staples would have been $50, and they didn't have any dinged or dented ones on clearance right now. But...Goodwill had a decent black one for $15. Here it is. Ugly, but does the trick.

I have two projects lined up for today. I am rewarding myself with fun stuff because I tackled a GYNORMOUS pile of disgusting dishes yesterday - and since the place is dishwasher free, it took me HOURS to get them done and the kitchen looking good again. The faucet in the sink had been leaking last week, which gave me a great excuse to ignore the overgrown mass of nastiness...but, I had to buckle down and take care of business finally - for fear of possibly toxic molds! Ok....perhaps that was slightly dramatic....

Haha, ok, so my two projects. One - burn 2 mix CDs off my Itunes library for my friend Sue. I just love browsing Itunes, don't you? Discovering not-yet-well-known artists and sharing them with buds? Second, work on a tripic painting (Becky is this the correct term?) that I started like 6 months ago. Three separate canvases painted with one continuous picture, then taken apart and hung in sequence? See the stage/phase I am in now. I am going to use black to make the impression of tree branches stretching across all 3 pieces. Kindof like a sky scene, but the background colors will go vertically, instead of horizontally.

4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

That term sounds good to me! Cool idea, It makes me want to go get my paint on!

Anonymous said...

Cool idea April.. I like it! I ditto Becky on it makes me want to get my paint on! = ) I just love how God has given us all similar creative loves.. that shape us as individuals but help us appreciate the love we each share too!

Happy Painting.. and let us see that final project!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I LOVE Fudruckers!! Melt in your mouth yummy goodness!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i have to say I LOVE fudruckers too. so good. Love the art project. Looks very cool.