Tuesday, January 22

This and That...




My buddy, Nicole (this is her) had yesterday off from work, and so we got together for a project we've been talking about for almost a year! I agreed to paint a mural on the wall above her bed, and we had picked two great colors. A chocolate brown and this great, sortof greyish (but fresher than that) blue. We spent a lot of time measuring off the perimeters (she likes straight edges and structured spaces). So, the end result will be like three long, skinny, vertical panels! The idea evolved as we discussed designs and options. We ended on a sortof 'relief' concept - with the subject being reeds and long grass stalks. We got most of it finished... probably just a few touch ups here and there to go. I will post the final pictures on here when it's done!


She still had a Christmas present to give me, and it was this nifty tea herb garden! Isn't it cool? I am stoked! I put it all together this morning - the dirt and seeds... trying to add just enough, but not too much, water. It has a happy little home here in my kitchen. Not direct light, and very warm. The box says I will end up with lemon balm, chamomile and spearmint! I wonder how long it will take???

Saturday was a great day, I just had to tell you about it. First I had lebanese food (one of my very favorites) with a friend, Janna (one my very favorites). Then we saw "P.S. I Love You" and I bawled my eyes out, but loved every touching, meaningful moment of the movie! Janna and I sat in the back row, tears running down our faces during about 80% of it! I had one of those cry-headaches when we walked out of the theater and into the waiting afternoon.

We split up to go home, get showers and dressed up to meet 3 more of our ladies in Olde Towne Alexandria for a fancy dinner. I just LOVE this part of the city. It's on the VA side of the Potomac, right along the river. Cobblestone streets, tons of great boutiques, galleries and unique restaurants. Ecclectic, lovely and alive! We ate at a place participating in the "DC Restaurant Week" - where you can select three courses from a menu for $30. Which, is a great deal, since the restaurants that are involved are always too expensive to visit on a regular night (at least for poor gals like us)! So, it was FUN to be so 'metropolitan' with a night on the town. We ordered some bottles of wine and enjoyed the food and ambiance. Then, off to a local pub for some beers and goofing off! Here are some pics.


2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Help I have jealousy! I want to be up there painting murals with you and going out and eating and drinking! What a good last few days! What fun friends! I can't wait to see the finished mural

Anonymous said...

What fun April! Oh I can't wait to visit!!! i need too soon.. I can totally picture all of your blog.. from sitting at the movies crying (I would totally do that with you too.. and I really want to see it) to eating out with your fun friends!! And the mural.. I can't wait to see it. SOunds great! Plus the herb garden! I've always wanted one of those!

I miss you!