Friday, January 25

Busy, Busy Bee....


I have had a surge of immense energy lately....not sure what's in those magic pills I am taking! April is a busy, busy bee!

I have rearranged my bedroom AND living room (the latter 3x) and have taken down this art piece and that picture, changing it up and hanging things I had tucked under the bed or stuck in the back of closets. Not only that, but I have 'gathered' - walking room to room, (not that my apartment is vast) collecting up extra stuff that prob needs to just be put away for a while. The apartment, and each of it's surfaces, was getting full and cluttered.

I have stuffed 4 huge plastic rubbermaid containers, wrapping each vase, frame, funky bowl or what not knick knack carefully in newspaper and placing them aside until a future day when I may just have more space to spread out my pretty bobbles. I have SO enjoyed collecting things - mostly from yard/estate sales, thrift stores, vintage shops, fleamarkets. It's the hunt, the treasure searching that I love. I know I do not NEED these things, but I enjoy them. It's kindof like a free high. Who needs pot when a garage sale is going on around the next corner?

What else have I been doing with said energy boost? I cooked up a storm last night - making a roast and these great little spinach feta things, wrapped in that neat-o, flaky phyllo dough stuff! I opened a bottle of red wine and had a little dinner party for one. This might sound sad, but NO....I thought to myself....it is GOOD to treat myself well. Right?

I am going to repaint my bathroom today. Still a blue, even in the same color family as what I have now, but just about 3 shades lighter. I knew, when I painted it 2 years ago, that it was not quite what I wanted, but I gave up on it since painting is such a big job and I felt like I could live with it. But, it has bothered me at least once a week since then! So, I figure...I will get a job eventually - an will not have time to get to projects like this easily. What better time to attack it then now?

Speaking of painting....here are the before, layout and after pictures of the mural I did on Monday. The lighting in Nicole's photos are a little off, so I am including 2 of the final result, so you can see the actual blue and brown paint I used. It was SO fun, and she seems happy with the outcome. BTW, the lamps are 2 we found this past summer at a funky junk market in Maryland!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

APRIL! That looks AWESOME! I love love love it! YOu are so stinking talented it makes me ooze with jealousy! I love it! You busy bee you!

Becky Swann said...

I love that mural too! Very cool! it makes me want to go paint my walls!

Unknown said...

Hello. O my goodness, the raw talent of you. Amazing. I'm amazed. I am a complete addict to HGTV.
It looks like something that they would do on Color Splash if you know what that show is.
You are so talented in so many ways.
The dinner for one sounds awesome, eat that up while you can darling.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

oooh I love the lamps! I've been looking for some almost exactly like that here! What a find! And the Mural! Good grief that is incredible! Did you just dream that up!?! You need to use those incredible talents to make you money and then you won't need to find a job! Well, I think we all agree you are one super talented chica! I love the new blue of the blog too! and no I haven't been ignoring your previous post...more computer issues on my side. Would you just pop over here to Hawaii and we can catch up on everything?

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my i love LOVE that mural. you are amazing. have yout hought about that for a career. i am sure you have, but people would pay you lots of money to find cool lambs and paint amazing things on your wall, and then once you are done bake up an amazing meal. who wouldn't pay lots for all of that and who needs expensive furniture when you can make that the headboard.

Anonymous said...

I just read this.. and I thought of you..

He (God) is the ultimate Prince Charming to every woman, especially the one who forgot she was Cinderella!

It's so easy to forget we're Cinderella.. but we are.. and God is our Prince Charming!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i realy like your restoring eden link. i am going to have to check them out. i totally agree as Christians we have a really big responsibility on preserving our creation.

Anonymous said...

YOU have inspired me.. I am working on a "creative space" where i can paint etc.. turn up the musie and just be.. and I think the first thing I want to paint.. is huge mural type deal for the wall in my space.. now I just have to figure out what to paint!

I love you!