Monday, November 19

These are a few of my favorite things....

Oprah is doing her annual 'Favorite Things' TV show tomorrow and I decided to get a step ahead of her and make my own list! Here are 10 wonderful items I have come to love!

1. Handmade Soaps from Homegrown Goods (both Nag Champa Hemp and Sandalwood Patchouli are fabulous)

2. Recycled Rice Bag pouches from Trails to Bridges. A program dedicated to aiding women and children sold to brothels in Cambodia. Very funky design and a great cause!


3. Burts Bees Original Chapstick - need I say more? I am ADDICTED.


4. Haribo Smurf Gummies - a 'sweet' childhood memory from Germany. I recently bought a bulk sized tub and am rationing these out to myself very carefully!


5. Prescriptives Lash Envy Mascara - in a moment of weakness last year, I turned to QVC for some retail therapy and this was the result! I bought TWO of these for a special price deal and have not been disappointed. They cost more than the usual drug store Maybelline I normally would purchase, but worth every penny!


6. DELL Inspiron 1501 Laptop Computer - light, compact, easy to use, sleek. A dream for this non-techy girl.

7. Smartwool Light Hiking Socks - yes, I did post that I am NOT a socks gal, and that is true. Socks are a last resort for April. But, if forced to choose what woven jail to subject my free-loving bare toes to, it is these - soft, squishy, and dare I say....comfy. And while we are on the topic of feet, there has never been a better clog than Dansko.

8. Votivo Candles - Yummy Aroma in a glass, all stuffed into a nifty brown box. I like most all the scents they make....Covington Pear is one at the top of the list.

9. Orangina - it is the 'fancy' bubbly soda that I allow myself to have when I want to truly enjoy every sip. Even the shape of the bottle is cool.


10. Good ole Palmers Cocoa Butter. It is cheap, sold everywhere and makes me smell like cookies or vanilla cupcakes.



What are some of YOUR favorite things???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Votivo candles!! They are byfar the best candles out there! I am so excited about being able to buy some in BMT this week!

And did you know Opera's show was filmed in Macon, GA.. that's 30 miles from me! I could have gone to the My Favorite Things Show! DARN!

love you,

Unknown said...

We have so many loves in common.
There are the magazines, I love DOmino too. And I love love love Votivo candles, can't do it any other way, and they are so expensive that I get them as gifts from my mother in law, she's so sweet.
Love smartwools, cocoa butter lotion, prescriptives mascara, danskos, I have to try that candy.
On the note of soaps, I used to love handmade soaps, even made a little myself in college. But, I'm obsessed with the Target Method foam soap, it makes me feel sooo clean.

Becky Swann said...

April you could totally be a talk show host!! I think that would be awesome you would be so much better than Oprah, you could be Aprah haha.
love your favorite things!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

worth loves those gummie bears. i have to buy them for him everytime i am at target.